Nevada Banned License Plates
You can find many personalized license plates when you drive in Nevada. But a lot of personalized license plates get banned because they do not meet the requirements.
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles handles personalized plates and their issuance.
Main reasons for Nevada Banned License Plate
There are a lot of reasons for Banned License Plates in Nevada. Here are some of them:
- Firstly, the DMV can refuse your request if it shows ridicule or contempt.
- Secondly, your personalized plate can be banned if it expresses the superiority of ethnic heritage or race.
- Thirdly, if it has a religious or gender connotation, the DMV in Nevada will reject your request.
- Fourthly, the personalized plate will get a rejection if it has a sexual or vulgar connotation.
- Then, if the DMV finds your request derogatory, obscene, or profane, they will reject your offer.
- If your plate has some reference to a drug or a gang, it will be rejected.
- And lastly, if the plate contains a libelous reference to a group or a person, it will be banned.
The types of vehicles suitable for personalized license plates
Below you can find the types of vehicles, which can have vanity plates on them.
- The first type is Autos.
- Then, the second type is Vans.
- After that, the third type is Motorcycles.
Examples of Nevada Banned License Plate
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles bans more than a thousand personalized license plates in a year. Here are some examples of banned license plates.
- 1 UGLY MF
- 2ND HOE
- 2 STONED
- ALL BLLZ
- ALIEN SX
The requirements for the Nevada Personalized License Plate
You can have a maximum of 7 characters on your plate. But it will be fewer for specialized plates and motorcycles. You can use spaces, any combination of numbers (0 to 9), and letters (A to Z).
In addition, you can order a personalized license plate in three ways. You can do it by fax, mail, or in person.
Do custom plates cost money in Nevada?
You have to pay to get a personalized license plate. For the plate, you must pay $42.00. And additionally, you have to pay the renewal fee, which is $20.00.
How can you order your Nevada Personalized License Plate?
To order your personalized license plate, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, you have to check the availability of your preferred license plate on the Personalized License Plate Availability Search.
- Secondly, you have to complete the application form for ordering the license plate.
- Thirdly, you must submit your application and fees.
- After that, you need to mail the documents to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.